Saturday, October 16, 2010

Ten years

Recently, I've realized that I'm for ten years in photography by now (how weird to count years in tens!). Even during the long breaks, when I didn't touch the camera at all, I knew that photography is in my heart. I will collect here my favorite photos taken during this time.

This is the first one that I really liked, fall 2000. 


The End of the Season.

It was originally posted at photosight.ru, but later on I moved to photoline.ru. I was very lucky to experience the unique "early days" atmosphere of these sites, to meet the incredible people, to find real friends. 

I'm not sure what will come out of this project. At least, this way I can give a glance backward - to remember myself before, how and why changed... Hopefully, the photos will interest somebody else. For example, my kids. 

2 comments:

cynthia said...

Hi Masha, It's wonderful that you started this blog and are beginning to share your favourite photos. It's so fascinating to see how different people express themselves in photography or other forms of art. The textures in this photo is quite interesting ... A very muddy fall of 2000? I can't wait to see your other favourites.

Mashika said...

Hi Cynthia, thanks for your interest!
This was one of my first attempts to go out and find anything worth taking picture. Actually, we don't have much mud (and all the winter in Israel may be regarded as a fall). This car was abandoned apparently a few years earlier - thus grown into the ground.
(I have no idea how to track comments here - shouldn't it be automatic?)